After having the watch for more than 24 hours I’ve started mentally making a list of apps that i would love to see on the new device.
1. Mailbox: If you use Mailbox on your iPhone you’ll notice that on the watch you get the Mailbox notification that allows you to either archive or snooze the incoming email. This is great but i would love the ability to open up a mailbox watch app that could allow me to quickly add emails to my list or reschedule when I would like to read that email again. Mailbox seems like a perfect fit for the Apple Watch so hopefully it’s coming soon.
2. Tweetbot: Now we have Twitter on the Apple Watch but i would love to see Tapbots approach to having a Tweetbot presence on the device. Tweetbot is my Twitter client of choice and to have that experience extended to the watch would be great. Tapbots has already added a watch app for Calcbot and its fantastic.
3. Audible: This is a no brainer. I love Audible and to have the ability to access my audiobooks and control them from the watch seems like a match made in heaven.
4. Facebook: Ok I’m not the biggest Facebook fan but my family uses it which means i use it. We get facebook notifications on the watch but i would love the ability to view the latest post from Aunt Angela right on the watch.
5. Spotify: I would love to have a Spotify app on the Watch. Like the music app being able to control the music and pick a playlist would be great.
These are the top 5 apps I would love to see on my New Apple Watch but here are just a few more I would like as well. Fantastical, PocketCasts, Amazon Echo app, Automatic (Update: Automatic Now Available), LastPass (Update: LastPass now available), Google, Waze, & WeightWatchers.
I’m sure most of these will be on my watch soon but only time will tell.